Frequently Asked Questions
Armed Transparent Burglar Bars
1. What do you mean that the transparent burglar bars are armed?
The transparent burglar bars are connected to an active alarm system that gives you permanent perimeter protection without even activating your alarm.
2. What happens if one touches the clear burglar bars?
Nothing! No shock, no screaming siren and reaction units running around!
The wired alarm is completely enclosed in the transparent bar and prevents accidental false alarms while providing complete perimeter security to you and your family.
3. Will my cat activate the alarm when moving through these bars?
No, you can open, close or clean the windows and even push against the bars without activating the alarm.
4. When will alarm then be activated?
The alarm will only be activated when someone attempts to enter your home through the windows or doors, or tries to break the transparent burglar bars gain entry.
Should the intruder try to break these strips:
- by cutting it with a hacksaw or bolt cutter, it will immediately activate the alarm;
- by kicking out the strips (which is very difficult because they are flexible), the special brackets will stay behind, the wire will break and the alarm will be activated;
- by tampering with or bridging the wires, an end of line resister will immediately activate the alarm when the difference in voltage is picked up; or
- by removing all the wires without breaking them , the bars are still virtually impassable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Standard Transparent Burglar Bars
1. What are the ViewProtect™ bars made of?
The ViewProtect™ bar is made out of a thermoplastic called Polycarbonate.
2. How strong is it, it looks like Perspex?
Polycarbonate is a very clear polymer with exceptionally high levels of impact strength and is one of the toughest transparent sheets available and has a tensile breaking strength of 3 000kg.
The cockpit canopy of the F-22 Raptor jet fighter is made from a piece of high optical quality polycarbonate. Polycarbonate is also used for riot shields, bulletproof windows and enclosures as seen inside banks or at a drive-through.
When the burglar bars are exposed to repeated heavy blows, the material tends to cold form rather than shatter.
3. Is it UV stable? Won't it fade or turn yellow as a result of light exposure?
The product is protected with a UV protection, ensuring resistance against the harmful rays of the sun.
4. Is there a warranty?
There is a 10 year manufacturer warranty. “The warranty entails that the polycarbonate bars will not stain under normal circumstances and if cleaned according to the recommendations.”
5. Does it scratch easily?
Polycarbonate is susceptible to scratching and care must be taken to prevent this during installation and cleaning.
6. What is the ideal application of the product?
This product has got many uses, the main one being a clear security barrier. The fact that it is transparent and very strong makes it an ideal security bar where you want to protect yourself and your view.